Wednesday, August 27, 2008

meow!

Lately Adam's favorite word has been "meow." You might be thinking, how cute, he's learning animal sounds. But no, actually, he's learning to sing. I've tried pointing to cats and saying the sound, and that hasn't clicked yet. But when he wakes up in the morning, we hear, "meow, meow, meow" sung over the monitor. I finally figured out where this came from yesterday, when we were listening to one of his CDs (we've heard it a lot recently because the case with his other CDs in it has disappeared!) and the 3 Little Kittens song came on. Right before they got to the chorus of meows, he started singing them! So now we know, toddlers can get songs stuck in their heads just like the rest of us. :D
It's really cute, though; if you ask him to say meow, he'll start singing it. And sometimes just randomly he'll start singing, with a lot of meows thrown in. Oh, how I love this boy of mine! It is such a pleasure to watch him learn and grow!

No comments: